Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rainy Tuesday

Looks like the Capital Region is in for a gloomy day of wet weather. I have a long list of things to do, but before I go on my way, I'll drop this post on you!

Just over a week ago we had a flat tire. Luckily it happened right on our street, a few doors away from our driveway. The blowout was powerful enough to knock the steering "out of control" and we ended up saying a big hello to the neighbor's SUV. Imagine what a blow out can do at 55mph or better!

A Greyhound bus out of New York City bound for Montreal rolled over on the Northway (I-87) last night in Elizabethtown. Five people were killed. Some of the passengers said they heard a pop that could have been a tire blowing, and the bus began careening out of control and flipped upside down. The bus, Greyhound No. 4014, left New York City at 1 p.m. It made stops in Albany and Saratoga Springs before the crash.

Greyhound reports there were 52 passengers and a driver onboard. It is not known how many were Canadian. However, Maj. Richard Smith of the New York State police told the Canadian Press many of the injured spoke only French. Kim Smith Dedam, a reporter for PressRepublican.com was on the scene, telling CTV Newsnet that many of the passengers appeared to be Montrealers on their way home after a weekend in the Big Apple.


If you're having a baby soon, make plans to save the umbilical cord...

Today is the actual 1 year anniversary of Hurrican Katrina. That and the JonBenet Ramsey Case are topping national news this morning. If John Karr didn't kill the little Ramsey girl, who did? While that question may not be answered anytime soon, John Karr will likely continue to bask in the Public Eye for an additional 15 minutes of fame.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Hey Dave! I just saw on the news that the bus had been inspected last week. I went through something similar. My car was inspected on a Tuesday and that week on Friday a tire blewout. I rolled over two times but escaped unharmed (just a bump on my forehead). Ironically, I believe I was saved because the woman in front of me was going TOO SLOW becasue she was yakking away on her cellphone! Had I been doing the posted 45 instead of 30 I migt have been hurt bad. My husband says my angel was with me.

Belly Button said...

Here's another umbilical cord story, and a good one!

http://cbs3.com/seenon/local_story_241154842.html

adirondack said...

Hey, thought you might like to know about my post of the 10 deadliest accidents in the Adirondacks over at my blog Adirondack Almanack

http://adirondackalmanack.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics