Monday, December 25, 2006

Girls Out Loud: Dealing With Cyber-Enemies

Tags: , , , , DJ, , , , ,

Here's a little gift for you! Xiaxue (Wendy Cheng) and Izzy (Sarong Party Girl) are bloggers known worldwide. It's also known they don't always see eye to eye! Throw in Mia, and you have a donnybrook befitting the WWE! From the Singaporean TV series "Girls Out Loud" it's Xiaxue vs Mia vs Izzy!





Hang onto your Yoshi!


Click HERE to watch!

More: Blog On #6
TIME again (Person of the Year)
Girls Out Loud [GOL]

From the new digital stars of NOW to the legendary superstars of yesterday: Back a generation or two, before popular music became so fragmented, regular chart-toppers included the Ronnettes, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Mamas and The Papas and a dynamic pompadoured performer, James Brown.

Long before they called him the "Godfather of Soul", James Brown was "King of Soul." My two JB faves are "I Got You" (which they regularly play today on Radio Disney) and "This Is A Man's World." On TV tributes throughout the day "Living In America" and "Please Please Please" are getting the play. Brown was also known as "the hardest working man in show business." His classic "Say It Out Loud -- I'm Black and I'm Proud" became a landmark statement of racial pride when it hit the top 40 in 1968.

James Brown was hospitalized at Emory Crawford Long Hospital in Atlanta GA with pneumonia on Sunday and died at 01:45 on Christmas Day. He was 73. RIP James Brown.

Show Comments: OR

2 comments:


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics