Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The 10 Worst Used Cars & Trucks

According to ConsumerAffairs.com:

1. Ford Expedition,
2. Ford F-150 and Super-Duty Trucks
3.
BMWs with Automatic Transmissions

4. Toyota Prius

Prius hybrid technology is not aging well. Major problems with the hybrid's monitor and display: Toyota is unwilling to provide any assistance because the monitor is no longer covered by the Toyota warranty.

The transmission costs $6,000 to fix:

The growing number of complaints and problems owners of aging Prius hybrids are encountering suggest that a wary consumer ought to look long and hard before becoming the second owner of one of these hybrids.

5. Ford Focus

The Ford Focus ignition switch is among the most bitter of lemons facing consumers because its ornery behavior can recur. The switch is known to break again and again ... and sometimes even again.

6. Dodge Durango

Major transmission and overheating problems.

7. Ford Taurus
8. Mercury Sable

The old reliable Taurus and its Mercury cousin, the Sable, turn out not to be so reliable after all. Consumers tell us every week of a spring breaking in the car, sometimes shredding a tire.

9. Toyota Engine Sludge

10. General Motors and Dex-Cool

Secondhand General Motors products deserve attention here because ten years after GM began using Dex-Cool as an antifreeze in most of its cars and light trucks, GM car and truck owners continue to complain that the coolant corrodes and clogs radiators and radiator caps, erodes water pumps, rots radiator hoses, causes chronic overheating and engine damage while leading to leaky engine gaskets.

Here's the entire postchilada.
Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

  1. This seems to be a great site for deals Used cars for sale, Used cars online, Car buyers, Used autos for sale.i had been relying on http://www.ibuyer.com earlier and they too offer Motorcycle or any other type of vehicle at affordable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting about the Prius. I have always equated the Toyota band with durability and quality and the Prius is becoming quite popular (especially where I live), they are just everywhere. Definitely something for people considering a Prius to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics