Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Around The Blogosphere 05 June 07

Fishkill police continue to look for the concertgoer who on Sunday was plucked out of the crowd at the KFEST concert, hoisted in the air by singer Akon and hurled back into the crowd. More

» VIDEO: EXCLUSIVE - Akon tosses fan from stage
» Reader photos KFEST
» PJ PHOTOS: KFEST 2007


Tags: , , , , ,

Kentucky Attorney General Greg Stumbo's office has launched a preliminary investigation into how political blogger Brett Hall obtained state phone records he used in an effort to embarrass two Democratic candidates for state offices. Deputy Attorney General Pierce Whites said the office will decide whether to initiate a full-blown inquiry after the preliminary investigation is complete. [details]

Or Does it Explode reports the latest on the continuing crackdown on journalists in Algeria.

Dina Mehta has launched a preliminary investigation of her own: into Google! She blogs:

"Google is not merely moving towards "owning" the internet, its also beginning to "own" me.I had a friend over this weekend, and I was setting up a blog for her on Blogger. I had to sign out of my Blogger account to set her up. During the process, I wanted to check my mail, and clicked on my Gmail tab in my browser - and I was shocked to see that it opened up her Gmail account instead. Should have expected it - its logical - but it disturbed me. It's convenient, it's quick - but I want the controls and the ability to decide which ones I want auto signins for and which ones not.

Say, if I have Google Reader running - and I have signed out of Gmail -- if someone else tries to log into their Gmail account - they can read my mail. Or if they want to check their scraps on Orkut - they get to see mine instead. Google Maps can show pictures of your front door and look through your window - very cool - yes - but it makes me uncomfortable too. "
Police and National Intelligence agents in South Africa are no closer to tracking SA's most wanted person in cyberspace as tensions continue to build within the cyber community. The Weekend Argus on Saturday reported that the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) was helping police hunt for the self-proclaimed male prostitute sex blogger.

"L.A. Can't Drive" is a one-of-a-kind website that seems to combine road rage with blogging. The site features stories of bad driving moments in L.A. -- along with pictures and a lot of attitude. This blogger takes to task reckless drivers, slow drivers, excessive honkers, daydreaming drivers and -- of course -- angry drivers.

Ed Dague blogs about Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno's relationship with Capital Region media in What a Lucky Guy.

Kamla Bhatt interviews Dilip Saraf-
"Dilip thinks it is never too late to embrace change and realize your dreams. He should know since he is on his fifth career and thinks that there is one more career change in store for him.

He has written five books and they The 7 Keys to a Dream Job; Reinvention Through Messaging, Pathways to Career Nirvana; Rehired, not Retired; and Conquering Your Workplace."
Muslim Bloggers [Fa](pro Islamic Republic bloggers) met with each other to remember the anniversary of late revolutionary founder Ayatollah Khomeini’s death.

Not blogs but interesting nonetheless: the New York Daily News remembers "pudgy postal worker" David Berkowitz a / k / a ".44" ("Son of Sam").

Could the Buddha make it in America today?

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics