Sudanese blogger Kizzie got into a tiff with an Australian blogger over an article she posted regarding Female Genital Mutilation:
Female genital mutilation: An Islamic practice.
This post is a reply to a guest post over at Pommygranate’s blog, by Kizzie, a Sudanese Muslim woman, who currently resides in Cairo. In her post Kizzie tries to show that Female Genital Mutilation is not an Islamic practice, but rather a cultural one, partly basing her argument on the premise that the two are mutually exclusive. However, although FGM is a certainly a cultural practice that predates Islam, it is also an Islamic practice, which is what I am going to show below.
The reason that a Sudanese Muslim woman came to be guest-blogging on Pommygranate’s site, by the way, is the debate that has raged this week across the Australian blogosphere in the wake of Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s visit here last week. [read the entire article on 'Tao Of Defiance' blog]
Next day, Kizzie posted "A reply to Popovich's post about FGM "
I have to admit that his reply was well-searched and well-written however, IOver in the island nation of Singapore, scroll down Wendy Cheng's XiaXue blog and surely you'll find a post about somebody who pissed her off: recently some readers made an issue out of the fact that Asian Wendy has an Anglo boyfriend:
would like to point out a few things...
Wooooooo... Some of you think you are oh-so-smart in pointing out that I have an angmoh boyfriend, and therefore, I am the same as these cheap sluts!!!It's fascinating how people love to twist the truth around just to taunt others! Same thing happened to me, in a different way in recent posts on this blog regarding Diva de Loayza's bicycle accident.
Some pointers for you stupid people here:
1) I didn't go after Mike using means of low-class seduction - he was the one interested in me first.
2) We are age-appropriate.
3) Our incomes are on par (well, at least for this well-paying month), but even if it is not, I can still well pay for myself. I do not use my boyfriend as an atm machine.
4) Our intellectual standards are on par. Argue all you want and say I am stupid, but a Mensa membership does not lie.
5) I am at least a celebrity in Singapore - I don't know about you guys, when even in America I suppose that means I earn my own money and don't have to hanker after angmoh men for theirs.
6) Mike was a student when I met him and was quite poor beyond words.
7) Both of us are not ugly. (You guys only say I am ugly because you think I think I'm very pretty and you want to correct my thinking. It is not working.)
DOES IT STILL SEEM LIKE THE SAME F****** SITUATION TO YOU??
Barking mad idiots.
AND FOR THE F****** LAST TIME, STOP SAYING STUPID THINGS LIKE, "Stop being so proud of having a caucasian boyfriend, it is nothing to be proud of."
Since when did I ever say I am proud of his race?