Wednesday, June 13, 2007

RoundUp 2.0



Those scam-luvvin' Nigerians have come up with something new: a dating-site love scam, according to Bobby Revell:
"I joined a Web-2.0 dating site called kisscafe.com yesterday. The first 5 random girls that popped up on my first local area search just happened to look like playmates. I sent all four the same intro letter and waited... The first yahoo email from her revealed that she wasn't in the USA currently. She was in Africa and had just suffered an emotional breakup, etc. Well then, the other 3 girls all had the exact same lines and stories. I'm going to pretend to fall for these ladies until of course they ask me to Western Union them some cash to get back here and marry me! That's when I'll say I'm sorry I'm only seven years old!!!" [read the complete post]
Tags: , , , ,

Dan Rather ( on MSNBC Monday ) said that successor Katie Couric had brought a " 'Today' show ethos" to "CBS Evening News," and the result was "to dumb it down, tart it up in hopes of attracting a younger audience." CBS chief Les Moonves returned fire Tuesday, branding the former CBS anchor's comments "sexist". Rather shot back, saying Moonves "doesn't know about news" (read more - Tim Cuprisin-Milwaukee JS) (read more - USA Today) (read more - Adam Buckman-NY Post)

Rudy goes after Israeli newspaper readers. Blogger Kate Palmer: "Imagine the reaction if John Edwards or Barrack Obama sent a plea to readers of Le Monde asking for support to strengthen ties between the U.S. and France? I'm guessing it would prompt a bigger outrage than a $400 haircut."

My State Failure Blog offers up some policy prescriptions for combating opium poppy cultivation in Afghanistan, with the emphasis on aerial spraying.

This probably takes the cake for the Most Creative Obama Supporter Ever award.

Eliot Spitzer, Spliffroller

So you want to be an editorial assistant to Seventeen magazine's editor-in-chief? Before you commit yourself to long days of low-paid work, you can now try the experience on for size with Editor's Assistant, an online game offered on Seventeen's Website.

Dallas Penn is Taking Over The World Wide Web One Internet At A Time…


Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. JPOST is doing a little backtracking:

    Clarification:

    In recent days, registered users of jpost.com have received a paid email advertisement for Rudy Giuliani.

    The bottom of this email advertisement stated that it was "Paid for by the Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee, Inc." However, correct practice is to mark such emails as advertising in the "Subject" box as well. Because of an internal error, this practice was not followed. We have taken steps to insure that it will be in future.

    We would like to stress again that the content of this advertisement has no connection to The Jerusalem Post newspaper or its online content, and does not reflect the editorial views of The Jerusalem Post in any way.



    Commercial Department

    The Jerusalem Post online

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics