Sunday, June 17, 2007

Trent Lott: 'Talk radio is running America. We have to deal with that problem'...

Tags: ,

Well, this is interesting! For decades, Talk radio has been a sidekick to the Republican party. From "Post An Apology" Blog: "The GOP is none too happy with both talk radio and conservative bloggers. Turns out that when "the people" don't agree with what their lawmakers are proposing (read immigration reform), and they get noisy about it, said lawmakers get nervous. If you're a conservative, you should be hopping mad! You got these idiots elected and now they're not about to do your bidding.....

Trent Lott is the latest to lament about the "problem" of "talk radio" :
The Republican whip, Trent Lott of Mississippi, who supports the immigration bill, said: “Talk radio is running America. We have to deal with that problem. Post An Apology likes to ponder "what's the back story here?". Could it be that immigration is happening whether "the people" like it or not? Could it be that lawmakers view the talkers and the bloggers as irritating little bugs buzzing around their heads? "

Radamisto adds: "I don't know if "by deal with the problem" Lott means restoring a version of the Fairness Doctrine but Lott is clearly upset with the gasbags and they aren't too pleased with him. Here's some of what Fats Limbaugh had to say yesterday:

When I hear a United States senator say that what I do for a living is a "problem" that the government has to "deal with," you can interpret it any number of ways. He's either saying, "Well, we're going to have to come up with our own ways to overcome them," or, "We're going to just have to wipe them out." What does it mean?

Talk radio is the greatest democratic forum in the country today. It is truly diverse. There are more ideas, there's more back and forth, there's more so-called diversity. There are all kinds of great things to say about it. Talk radio is the American voter. I bet most of the people who listen to talk radio are voters. That's what bothers Trent Lott."

According to BobG, Trent Lott Is The Problem We Have to Deal With

Ajetpilot posts Trent Lott is out of control

Sam blogs Trent Lott declares war on Talk radio?

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics