Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Potter Posting

Tags: ,

Muggles, this strikes me as the perfect time for a Harry Potter post! The new book and movie come along at the perfect moment in summertime! It's all good (well, mostly all good)! 16 publishing houses worldwide have committed to using recycled, or ancient forest friendly (AFF), paper for the final instalment of J.K. Rowling's wizard tale "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Stamp collectors take note: Britain issued a series of seven postage stamps depicting the covers of the best-selling Harry Potter books Tuesday. Potter stamps can only be used in the U.K., but they're available internationally on the Royal Mail's Web site.

I got interested in the boy-wizard right around the time the first movie was released. I saw the movie and found it quit enjoyable. I've been a fan ever since. My friend Isabella Chen offers a pair of Potter Posts: Harry Potter and Life in General and Harry Pothead! Izzy, I love your style! I'll bet if we were neighbors, we'd have brainstormed all sorts of digital nonsense by now!

Tasses blogs "I have been rereading the Harry Potter series from a writer's perspective, taking notes, and thinking about Rowling's style. I've written an elaborate post on my efforts. I'd love to hear feedback from writers (or even just readers) ..." [more]

This book must be great fun for Potter lovers, because they can experience their favorite hero to grow into his best and funniest age. Geeks of Doom look at Harry Potter 5: The Book Vs. The Movie... I'm planning to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix this weekend. Blogger Amu, from Kuwait, can’t wait to watch Harry Potter and review it on his blog. Bahraini Mahmood Al Yousif calls upon cinemas to admit people in costumes free to the new Harry Potter movie.

Is it ethical to "spoil" the Potter Experience for fans? despite all efforts to control the release of Deathly Hallows, some Muggles got advance copies. Read Harry Potter spoilers: The literary terrorists have won
and Harry Potter Fans Transcribe Book from Photos. The Sun's book reviewer obtained an early copy and posted the book's first review today.

The National Legal and Policy Center found downloads of Transformers and Order of the Phoenix available on Google Video Wednesday. (Both films have since been taken down.) Check out Schneier on Harry Potter Leakage

Other Keyboards:
Harry Potter and the Parallel Internet World - Even Fans have Fans
Try Casting Magic Missile: Use Harry Potter "Spells" To Control ...
MuggleNet.com - Mugglenet News Feed
Harry Potter - Harry Potter News Feed
HPFF: Updates for Sex, Lies, and Secrets - Updates from harrypotterfanfiction.com
DarkMark.com Syndicated News - Harry Potter news and updates from around the globe updated daily by a dedicated staff.
Sniffle.net - L'Encyclopedie francophone Harry Potter : plusieurs centaines d'articles (personnages, lieux, créatures, sorts, etc.). this is in French, but it's really cool! Click your Google translator or have your French dictionary handy (or use both, like I do!)

Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. I love Harry Potter, as you i git interested since the first movie, and i have wanted to read the books, I cant wait for the next 2 movies son this morning I decided to go to the bookstore and buy the fist 6 books and I will try to read them as soon as possible to read the last one wichi release will be next saturday.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics