Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Texting 1-2-3

Tags: ,

New York State Senator Carl Marcellino, has announced a bill that would ban so-called texting while driving. I call it "Driving While InTexticated."

Textual Healing?: The Seattle Dating Blog "Singled Out" investigates the "text-message-stalker story" "one day he called me while he was drunk and said he couldn't be in a relationship right now, but he thought we should have sex. I politely declined, and suggested that perhaps we begin a friendship instead, since after all, we had plenty in common and got along famously. The boy agreed that this was a good idea. You can never have too many friends, right? Well, maybe you can.

On a Tuesday evening after this discussion, I was relaxing at home when I got a text message about 9:15 p.m. It was my new friend..."

"Imagine sex so hot you have carpal tunnel for days. It's text sex and it sure sounds better than phone sex."

Phone sex is so 90s. So Clinton admistration era. (On a side note, if Hillary is president I think we should all refer to things from Bill's period as "B.C. era" and from Hillary's as "H.C. era".)" - AOL Newsbloggers:
So I was utterly entranced when last Friday I met playwright Eve Ensler. I had seen her play, The Vagina Monologues, on HBO and I loved it. If you haven't seen it, don't be fooled. It's not a screed. It's a series of beautifully composed monologues - some funny, some really sad - about women's relationships to, well, their vaginas. I was a bit skeptical before I saw and I was completely won over.

Anyway Eve told me that wherever she goes women feel free (sometimes too free) to tell her everything about their sex lives in intimate, often excruciating detail. But she was captivated by one woman who told her about the amazing sex she had with one boyfriend via text messaging. (Eve and I had been talking about the virtue of "giving good email" and the buzzkill of emails with lots of misspellings.) This woman couldn't help but commit typo after typo, her text sex was so hot.
D'oh! And at the end of the post: "Have you had text sex? Are you planning on it?" No time soon, my friend!

Texting goes to school: While many colleges and universities scramble to get an emergency messaging system in place in the wake of the Virginia Tech mass murder, the University of Cincinnati is already there.

Thanks to administrative decisions made last year, the university piloted a text messaging system this semester that works in conjunction with Blackboard to send routine class announcements to the mobile phones of those students who sign up for the service. Although the system is designed--and intended to be used--for daily academic messages, it can also be used in an emergency. It was used twice last winter to send weather alerts.

With the pilot complete, the university has decided to roll out the messaging system, from clearTXT, university-wide. [more]

Text as a Tool: Dial Directions Service Send Directions Via Cell Phone Without GPS or a Fee --- A New Company Text Messages You Free and Fast Driving Directions

Text message says Fr. Bossi is hidden in cave

Missing girl saved by Text

Teen sent text message seconds before fatal crash

Somewhat related: The latest computer spam scams You may get e-cards for your birthday or for a special occasion, but lately you probably have received far more in your email inbox as spammers get creative to try and flood your computer and even scam you.

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics