Monday, July 30, 2007

Toothache 'N Television

Tags: , ,,

It's been years since I've watched TV at 3 in the afternoon on a weekday. I left work a little early, as the toothache pain became more and more unbearable. The box was already set at 10 when I turned it on... it was "General Hospital" but with no familiar characters. Luke? Laura? Cassadines? Amy? Leslie? Quartermaines?
[aside] You can experience GH here: "There has never been another story like it in the annals of Daytime TV and there never will be. Monty and her stable of young stars had lightning in a bottle and they shared it with the world. We all raced home everyday to see what would happen next, giddy with anticipation." A generation before raced home everyday to catch the latest episode of "Dark Shadows" but that's a post for another day!
(That's why I like "The Young & The Restless" - you could have stopped watching it in 1984, tune in today and in three episodes max you'll not only be up to speed, you'll wonder if they stick Victor and Nikki in stasis pods between tapings: they look exactly the same!) I switched over to 6 and lo and behold there's Dr. Phil. That dude could use a stasis pod! I finally settled on 13 and Rachael Ray. I confess I've never seen the show before. I see why people love her so much. She was great! (And she's from Glens Falls, just like good ol' Hacksaw!)

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics