Courtesy of: Bloggers Required
OTL Boston Live Events Subscription Club

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Toothache

Tags: ,

Someday someone is going to be up all night with a severe toothache, and a search engine or perhaps a link from another source will bring them to this post.

I just endured a night of what you're going through. Out of nowhere a few days ago, a minor toothache, which I thought was a gum irritation because the teeth in that area all appear to be healthy. That minor toothache got bigger and hurtier until I wanted to huff and puff and blow the house down. So, at 2:09AM, I turned on the computer and began googling terms like "home toothache remedies" and "severe toothache." I discovered that many others had experienced the same thing I was experiencing, had tried the same remedies I had tried. Google and Yahoo both brought me to a bloggers' 2005 blog post about a toothache!

Of all the temporary cures and remedies, here's what is working for me this morning as I wait for a callback from the dentist: 400mg (2 caps) Ibuprofen every two hours and sip on hot coffee or tea. Of all the ice packs, compresses, oral gels and larger doses of Ibuprofen I tried, the 2 caps every 2 hours works the best! Go figure!

Nothing I write here will take away the pain. I did read a few horror stories of people driven to yank out the offending tooth with pliers, something I would not recommend under even the direst of circumstances! I hope you feel better: if you have any antibiotics leftover from a previous bacterial infection you could take those until you get to a dentist or emergency care center.


Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. Here is an update for you (Friday August 17th) - my root canal is now completed. (Except for a crown, which I'll get done next month). It wasn't that bad as I had good dental insurance, just $170 out of pocket. I'm still on antibiotics for another week. If you have a toothache, believe me, I KNOW the pain. Get to an emergency care center or see a dentist as soon as you can. If you're poor, contact social services or someone else in your community who can help!

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics