Friday, August 31, 2007

It's BLOG DAY 2007, a chance for us all to have a look at blogs which we would not normally read...

It was extremely difficult to try to pick out 5 bloggers, but here goes. #1 is the beautiful French rapper Gen-Si. Gen-Si the blog follows Gen-Si the artists' blossoming career. GEN-SI.NET C'est suivre jour après jour mon évolution dans l'industrie du disque, mes concerts, mes tournages de clip et la réalisation de mon 1er album. [...more][English (translation by Google)]

MySpace music profile for Gen-Si with tour dates, songs, videos, pictures, blogs, band information, downloads and more.

Gen-Si is a fantastic newcomer on the music scene, and hopefully one day i will get to meet her in person. For now, there is plenty of music and video to enjoy!

If I had to rebuild my blog from scratch, I would use One Man's Blog as a model, a standard to achieve. OMB is innovative and informative, with useful posts such as How I’d Hack Your Weak Passwords. While OMB may not be a brand spankin' new blog, it was new to me, thus it is here. And, like LaShawn Barber, John P. certainly knows how to attract commenters to his posts, something I haven't been able to master, despite my best efforts!






Jomiwi's blog Chimeric Day Dreams is top-heavy with great advice and information, like "Every day, no matter how bad the day begins, has the potential to be a great day. A great day is made up of great moments and happiness is achieved one moment at a time." and "The thing that makes responding to comments a pain for me, is that I have to click all these links and even in the admin panel, I hate going back and forth all the time. But think about your visitor, leaving comments can be a pain in the chooch too, so when some one goes out of their way to leave a comment on your blog, blogging etiquette instructs us to respond in kind not just to what they’ve said, but for the reason that they’ve taken the time to say it." Jon and his blog are true to his self-description: "Jon — Composer, Programmer & Speculative Thinker."


The design is very appealing, the blog is always a good read, and then... the music! It's Bettina Perroni's blog from Mexico, one that I've really come to enjoy over the last several weeks. The words, the pictures, the whole feel of Bettina's blog is akin to visiting the home of a dear friend who makes you feel very welcome and at ease. "I always live taking risks provided they can be measured, I love extreme sports and music, I am also a tireless traveller, altruistic, enthusiastic. I enjoy to cook, read about ethnic groups, play my guitar and love my familly and friends..." - Bettina





Last, but far from least, is Loomnie. Loomnie, like me, is a music lover. He also blogs Beautiful Africa Blog Carnival. Loomnie's topics span music, movies and current events, and there's never a dull moment of reading! "One of the greatest achievements of modern technology is to give us the facilities to become fully narcissistic. Or how else can one explain the expectation that someone might actually be interested in the mundane, everyday things that happen to us? The other explanation is that we are all simply bored, so bored that we love to read the simple and mundane things that happen to ordinary people." - Loomnie

Happy BLOG DAY 2007!

Tags: ,

15 comments:

Bettina Perroni said...

Dave... thank you for your consideration. Thank you because you share the space with other bloggers... that is generosity, objetivity and respect.

Happy day! :)

Mrs said...

Happy Blog Day Dave. My link is www.madamm.wordpress.com

Curt McAdams said...

Happy Blog Day, too... And thanks for inviting me over to leave a link:
blog.buckymcoinkumsbbq.com

Pumpkin said...

You have a blog on your list I just discovered last week..One man's blog.

I will be looking at the others for sure! Thank you for stopping by my blog and sharing!

kalvin said...

thanks and happy blogday to you too

Olivier SC said...

Happy BlogDay2007 to you, Dave and happy to find you on some blogs I know too ! ;)

webfruits said...

Happy BlogDay2007 to you. My link is www.webfruits.it/dblog

Puteri said...

Good job with your BlogDay entry! Now I wished I had done a screen shot of the blogs I featured!

Thanks for dropping by my blog. :-)

http://puterismusings.blogspot.com

ethel said...

Happy Blog Day to you too. Thanks for the links. Now I have more blogs to check out. :D

Thales said...

Hi friend

very nice your blog, Happy Blog Day 2007 ;)

thanks

Thales
http://list10.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hidave. I live in Quebec and Gensi is WOWOWOWWOW. Thanks to post her URL!

Maurice

manica said...

Happy Blog Day to you too. Thanks

Eric Odom said...

Happy Blog day! It was indeed a fun day overall.

Mrs. C said...

DAVE THANKS I HAVE BOOKMARKED ALL FIVE

loomnie said...

Thank you Dave for mentioning my blog.... I am really happy that you find my blog interesting. Now that I know I have an audience, I have to take blogging more seriously! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics