Friday, August 24, 2007

Safe and sound…:)

Tags:

Good to hear that many of our blogging buddies South of the Border are okay after that huge hurricane! Bettina Perroni blogs that although there were some very tense moments, she was glad when the storm had passed:
"La unica radio que operaba dió información valiosa. Hablaba de mucho desastre y lo peor, que el mar estaba invadiendo la isla. Eso era lo peor que podía suceder y estaba sucediendo. Las dos carreteras que nos comunican con el resto del país fueron cerradas- ni para donde correr-. Tampoco había suministro de agua. Había gente en plena oscuridad viviendo momentos tormentosos. Sin duda, estábamos corriendo con mucha suerte al vivir en una zona alta, protegida y con varias lámparas de mano a disposición.

No quisiera que ustedes escucharan ese sonido de viento feroz, esa lluvia tan espesa que no dejaba ver absolutamente nada. Escuchar como volaban cosas, árboles que caían. Fueron momentos feos que se intensificaron cuando el huracán tomó fuerza al salir al Golfo de México." "The best thing: To listen to those familiar voices reporting that all are well, to receive messages of affection from friends, to see the sun again… the sun and the sea in calm."
Mexico has reopened two of its three main oil ports following Hurricane Dean, but officials say production remains suspended as they assess the storm's impact on the industry.

“It actually feels wrong to complain about the ‘agony’ of waiting 4 days to get back electricity just so that I can watch tv and surf the net. After all, there are people who survived the hurricane and are still trying to figure out where they are going to live.”

Steve’s Dominica sees signs that the island is returning to normal after Hurricane Dean.

CityGirl blogs about surviving Hurricane Dean in Jamaica.
Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. Dave

    I was lucky. It is sad to know that there were victims and many damages caused by this situation.

    It is right, the oil industry was very affected due to the suspension of oil & gas production. We have a lot of work to back to normal operations after Hurricane Dean.

    Thank you Dave!

    A hug for you

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics