Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tequila Express, La Leyenda

My friend Bettina Perroni has another blog in which she writes about Mexican attractions as well as customs and traditions. The url is http://genesisencounter.blogspot.com/

Recently, Bettina wrote about the Tequila Destilation. She travelled to Guadalajara, took a tequila tour and she says the experience was great - this is her post loosely translated into English. If you visit her blog at the URL given above, you'll find more photos... you might want to try reading more via Google or AltaVista, or just get out your English-Spanish dictionary.


Sus raíces quedaron fuertemente arraigadas en la tierra que le vio nacer… ahí mismito, donde nace aquella leyenda de cierto rayo que cayó sobre los campos cociendo el corazón de los agaves y convirtiéndolos en miel que –quizás- la generosa diosa Mayàhuel como bebida del cielo les mandó.
Dicen por ahí que es el único tesoro que no pudieron llevarse los conquistadores. Entonces, ¿cómo no rendirle culto a tan virtuoso líquido que despierta hasta al más dormido de los valientes?.

Tequila Express, the legend.


In God we trust!


Its roots remained strongly grounded in the land were it was born … there, in the same, place that whisper the legend of certain lightning that fell down on the fields cooking the heart of the agaves and turning them into honey that - probably - the generous Mayàhuel goddess sent to them as drink of heaven.


People once said that it is the only Mexican treasure that conquerors could not snatched. If so, why not to pay tribute to this virtuoso liquid that wakes up even to most slept of the brave souls?.


I take the small shot glass in my hand; I bring it close to me to be intoxicated by its sweet aroma … the flavor reminds me the Tapatia lands that I left few days ago.

Do you know the process of Tequila distillation?


You can find this information in any webpage with better reputation than mine but… as you know, my way to live is not just through books so, I decided to escape from routine and know how this process is performed.


Yes dear friends, I bought the ticket for the tour of Train Tequila Express, The Legend, and I crossed the agave fields … they are beautiful, they look like a blue greenish canvas which border looks as if the hills were hung from the sky. This Mexican landscape has been declared as World Heritage of the Humanity by the UNESCO. It is an experience that you have to live, especially if the tour is complemented with mariachis that sing the songs you want.

The tour in train is great. From the station the mariachis begin to delight with songs that more identify the Mexican lands: "Guadalajara", Tapatío syrup, " Son de la Negra ", and others. The tour guides and other hosts offer an excellent attention to the tourists. God! Seems that the glass of tequila in hand is necessary!!, as well as other appetizers that satisfy the taste of the most demanding.


Among mariachis and histories on rails I arrived to Ex- hacienda San Jose del Refugio in Amatitán, Jalisco, house of the Tequila Herradura (Horse-shoe), one of the best distilleries of Mexico.


The walking tour inside the area is agreeable enough. First a demonstration of the labor performed by jimadores (peasants), then the procedure of burning the agave pineapple (that certainly emanates a delicious aroma), later how they obtain the must and of course, and semi-obligatory stop to be supplied of more tequila cocktails to taste, to then continue with a walk and a movie exhibition inside the ancient facilities where the spirit of the tequila was obtained in a respectful way from long ago.


Tequila is sleeping, rests tamely while forges its character and personality.


The tour is not completed without tasting the typical dishes from the region as well as a presentation of folklore dances, mariachis and artists of vernacular music and also a demonstration of the national sport (Racherias)


This tour became a party that you end dancing alone… I guarantee it! And I highly recommend it!

- Bettina Perroni

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics