Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Around The Blogosphere 19 August 08

Just the other day I posted an article on why you shouldn't buy a DELL computer. Based on this article on the very very well-respected and highly credible TechCrunch, I think I'm glad I haven't bought a Mac --- I have to stop by Aldi's and see if they still sell Medion PCs...

You might want to stay away from iTunes 7.7.1...

Olympics: Why Liukin didn’t get the gold - The Uneven Bars Tiebreaker Explained... Here's an alternative take on why Usain Bolt took it easy at the end of his 100 meter dash.

British blog Hijab Style posts photos of Olympians who wear hijab, including Bahrain's Ruqaya al Ghasra and Yemen's Waseelah Fadhl Saad.

VIBE.com is holding a tournament to determine the best rapper alive.

TechCrunch posts Google Tops Website Customer Satisfaction Index: The University of Michigan’s quarterly customer satisfaction index came out today, and in the Website category Google came out on top

Ypulse: MySpace teams up with Family Online Safety Institute (joining Google, AOL, and others who work with the nonprofit to ensure child safety in an environment that encourages free expression. Plus teen fashion blogger backlash - negative comments cause parents of teen bloggers to worry) (CNET) (USA Today)

- FOX News looks for friends on Facebook (even though the company owns MySpace) Fox is suing Warner Bros. over the right to make Watchmen. Ultimately, they want to stop the film from being released.

Down in the warm waters, Geoffrey Philp is experiencing Mother Nature firsthand...

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics