Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Meet George Obama: Barack Obama's 'lost' brother found in Kenya

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go

His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there

For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother...


Who knew!
The Italian edition of Vanity Fair said that it had found George Hussein Onyango Obama living in a hut in a ramshackle town of Huruma on the outskirts of Nairobi.

Mr Obama, 26, the youngest of the presidential candidate's half-brothers, spoke for the first time about his life, which could not be more different than that of the Democratic contender... "If anyone says something about my surname, I say we are not related. I am ashamed," he said.
LINK

Other keyboards (harsh words)

LaShawn Barber: "Assuming he didn’t know how his brother was living, I wonder what Barack Obama will do to help him now, in light of his “we still don’t spend enough time thinking about the least of these” lecture on Saturday at the Saddleback Civil Forum?"

Michelle Malkin: "Actually, this may be one of the few times Obama did taxpayers a favor — by not bringing his unemployed brother here to live off the welfare state."

I think if I were Barack Obama, I would reach out to my brother---before the press and the critics make too big a deal out of it!

George isn't the only "bump in the road" the Obama campaign encountered today:

Republican John McCain has taken a five-point lead over Democrat Barack Obama in the race for President, the latest Reuters/Zogby telephone survey shows.

McCain leads Obama by a 46% to 41% margin. But stay grounded: pollsters like Zogby admit their polling techniques, which depend on phone contact with likely voters, are a little off-kilter since more and more Americans are abandoning land-lines in favor of carrying cell phones, which are almost impossible to call and conduct a survey through.

So for now, McCain not only enjoys a five-point edge in a two-way race against Obama, but also in a four-way contest including liberal independent candidate Ralph Nader and Libertarian Bob Barr, the poll reveals. In the four-way contest, McCain wins 44% support, Obama 39%, Barr 3% and Nader 2%.

Click the link below to view the full news release:
zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1541

Speaking of Ralph Nader: Nader says Obama must choose Hillary Clinton as VP if the Democrats are to leave next week's convention in Denver with a unified party.
Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

  1. hola dave please! this is a contest on Dominican republic i am in that contest this is the way that you can vote is on spanish but say to everybody that enter here..
    1. Entra a http://www.listin.com.do/app/cblogs_cats.aspx
    2. Pulsa la categoria: Personales
    3. Busca el nombre de mi blog: DashyTown My way , Dashytown.blogspot.com
    4. Pulsa el boton que dice Votar y listo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, Dashy!

    It was pretty easy to figure out the website... it took a couple of minutes to find your blog, dashytown.blogspot.com ...

    but I DID manage to find it and vote for it... hopefully some of my other readers will do the same!

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics