Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dave to Disqus: HELP!

I'm sending out an SOS to the folks at Disqus (and others) looking for help in getting the Disqus commenting system up and running on my humble blog! (See: Frankenblogger) I found a tutorial on webdev, but being without my two best computers, I don't have the resources to follow through and implement the changes. I tried to tinker via a friend's computer but it wasn't set up the way I like mine and the blog template got all screwed up (ALWAYS keep a back-up! I do - right in my Gmail and another email service, so it'll never get 'lost' and I will never need a CD to cart it around on!) Well, actually, I keep a copy on CD and another on diskette, but that's just for extra security, y'know?

Here's an excerpt from the email I sent out to Disqus, to which they haven't yet replied:
Hey Folks!

I have your Disqus on my blog, but it is screwed up....
I have attached a copy of my template BEFORE adding Disqus.

I used the Generic code: part one within the actual individual post and the other just above /body as suggested.
Problem is, if I add another post, it carries the same comments thread. So I have left it on that one post only (about Rihanna)

http://dave-lucas.blogspot.com

Can you tweak my template? (Please do not remove Blogspot or Haloscan comments options!)
While I am hopeful Disqus may be able to help, after reading through some of the online forums it has taken them as long as six weeks to respond to cries for help emailed by other potential users, and after checking the BLOGS that these users wanted help with, NONE were using Disqus currently... I hope that's not a bad omen!
Show Comments: OR

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,

    If you don't hear back from Disqus, please note that we are happy to help you out with comments at JS-Kit.com

    If you ever have any questions, email support@js-kit.com. We should get back to you within 24 hours worst case.

    Hope this helps!

    Cheers,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    Sent you an email.

    Giannii
    DISQUS
    Community Manager
    giannii@disqus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. just stumbled across your site searching for blogspot users using disqus.. did you ever get this resolved? i have the template installed according to the instructions on their site (or so I think...) but nothing is showing up saying "Disqus"... and the few comments I've received aren't showing in disqus.. thinking something isn't working!
    Let me know if you ever resolved the issue and/or are using it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like disqus, light interface comment. It's good. Nice to know you

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics