Courtesy of: Bloggers Required
OTL Boston Live Events Subscription Club

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pop Clips 24 Feb 09

Slumdog Millionaire's Freida Pinto has snagged a role in Woody Allen's next picture.

While Slumdog Millionaire may have an interesting storyline, I'm sick of hearing people go ga-ga over the production numbers and dancing, etc. Take a look at a really delightful Bollywood musical, Dhoom:2 and you'll see dancing and artistry that makes Slumdog look like... a slumdog!

Lekhni at The Imagined Universe asks ‘why do Indians hate Slumdog Millionaire?‘
Off the top of my head, I can think of quite a few Hindi movies that were as good, or better - Swades, or Chak de India, or even Lagaan. Even if we were to look at movies made just about kids in Mumbai slums, I’d say Salaam Bombay was far more touching, and it never won any Oscars.
Slideshow: The Cast of Gossip Girl at Fashion Week...

Here's a Facebook-inspired recap of Sunday's L Word.

Facebook this: Over the weekend Ford Fiesta announced that it was going to create a "movement" around the launch of its new small car by giving 100 lucky millennials a free Fiesta in exchange for chronicling their driving adventures (and promoting Ford Fiesta) on "social media" sites. ypulse has details!

Gawker: We hear the Huffington Post is trying to buy local news aggregator Outside.in, the local news aggregator from supremely smug literary Park Sloper Steven Johnson. HuffPo embracing the local news business as promised?

Buffalo Geek offers a self-aggrandizing parody of a washed up journalist?

via Albany Insanity: Obama’s Homeless Woman Is Actually Real Estate Investor.

Play while you eat: Cheez-It has introduced crackers that look like Scrabble tiles.

Open a channel, Mr. Spock!

Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. its nice to be here once again, i am kept posted on new developments in entertainment, politics and in the business community.

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics