Friday, March 20, 2009

Better

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday at this time I was sick as a dog. Today, I've got BOUNCE!

I was up at 5, feeling real good, the TV news still stuck on the Natasha Richardson tragedy. It reminded me of when Sonny Bono died. Watch out for that tree! In Ms. Richardson's case, she had no idea that that day was the last day of her life. Be ready, people!

Pictured: My home computer network...

I'm checking out Thursday morning's papers, playing catch-up. Front page of the New York Post: "Pussy whipped! Diva bashes lover - with her cat." Aftre reading the sory, all I can say, is "Wow, what a bitch!" This 26-year old throws a cat on her boyfriend's face while he's napping... throws a laptop at him... he tries to crawl away on the floor and she catches his head in the doorway and bashes it a few times with the door! OW!

Of course, the AIG / bailout stories continue. Just between you and me, I think the stock market will crash again. The economy is out-of-phase and all it will take to pull the rug completely out from under it is a catastrophe of some sort or another.

By the way, I'm thinking of writing a book. NOT about the economy! More on that in the future. Looks like New York's Attorney General Andrew Cuomo is making political headway. He's gained favor with many Republicans. I think he'd make a good Governor someday.

On PBS digital there's an ep of Globe Trekker (used to be "Lonely Planet" in the US) starring my old buddy Justine Shapiro... this ep is relatively new... Dammit Justine, we're gettin' old! On one of the other PBS channels there's Gwyneth Paltrow on some kind of traveling cooking show... Paltrow is also on page 15 of Thursday's Post sitting alongside Madonna at The Plaza Oakroom, and there's a nice pic of Gossip Girl's Jessica Szohr snapped while she was en route to the Midtown set. (I'll be there next week!)

There's one story that is really stupid. Talk about WTF! Everyone gaga over "the flying car" that costs $194,000 and will be avialble in 2011. KIds, way before the internet there was a car that did the same thing for a LOT less money (there was another car that doubled as a boat) - neither one of those vehicles was outside the reach of middle class people! The original flying car was featured on Bob Cummings' "Love That Bob" TV show way back in the 1950s!

1 comment:

Imelda said...

Glad to hear you're ok. As usual i am mesmerized by your writing prowess with a tinge of humor in some posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics