Thursday, January 19, 2012

La Oreja de Van Gogh

Some time ago in the past I sent out a Tweet indicating I was listening to La Oreja de Van Gogh. That prompted many inquiries, so I invite you to share this musical experience! (This article originally posted in March 2009)

I have a huge collection of music videos on VHS, VCD and DVD. Just a few are "all-time favorites" that get played over and over again. One of them is Lo que te conté mientras te hacías la dormida, Gira 2003 CD+DVD by La Oreja de Van Gogh - you'll notice while watching the crowd at the concert is singing right along - if you don't speak Spanish, here is a clue why - I was going to give you my own English translation of a few key verses of La Playa: instead I give you the link to The Forgotten Girl...

"I do not know if you still remember me,
We met on time
You, the sea and the sky
And the one who brought me to you."
"On this beach, my life,
I made a promise to you:
Once again to see you like this."

Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR


  1. It has come to my attention that the youtube clip cannot be viewed in Paris? Can that be? I have just checked... and all links are working fine! Le lien youtube La Playa mai de ne pas travailler sur le continent. La Playa peut être vu sur Intelligent Girl's Post aussi. Mon ami, vous pouvez peut-être un lien de recherche qui travaille en France?

  2. thanks for the visit and the messages :-) have a nice evening!

  3. oh my i had nosebleed reading at your comments at the top. anyway, i was here. will click on the link u cited here. thanks for the visit and appreciation.

  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


  5. Latest news has them saying they're not bitter at Amaia read more La Oreja de Van Gogh has a new vocalist

  6. Latest news has them saying they're not bitter at Amaia read more
    La Oreja de Van Gogh has a new vocalist

  7. This made me cry!


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics