Courtesy of: Bloggers Required
OTL Boston Live Events Subscription Club

Monday, March 23, 2009

MediaWatch 23 March 09

There but for fortune... condolences to friends and family of George Weber. The longtime WABC newscaster turned ABC News freelancer and blogger, was found stabbed to death at home in Brooklyn. George was 47.

For years, newspaper executives whined that parasitic bloggers thrived by merely linking to newspaper stories. But they're no longer linking enough: Newspapers now demand Google rig its link-counting system in their favor. [Gawker]

According to Buffalo Geek, the problem with Journalism is...

Even Facebook Employees Hate the Redesign

Bloggers and users of Twitter from El Salvador are planning a get-together called Twittblogs on March 29

Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is sad to know about George Weber being found stabbed to death..

    Hey Dave, thank you so much for the advise on pop-up brought by rank widget.com. I managed to remove the widget, i hope the pop-ups are truly gone.

    Can you advise me please if those are really gone by checking my site? And by the way Dave, hope you could link with me now. Thanks thanks a lot really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the trackback ^^
    Greetings from El Salvador.
    The twittblogs Reunion was great ^^

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics