Saturday, March 21, 2009

Roast With The Most

Talk about a dilemma! Low on cash, can't find my credit card, people comin' over... I whipped up something I call "Beef Impromptu."

I paid $6.53 for a USDA Choice Beef Boneless Shoulder Pot Roast. That was the official title. It weighed in at 3.28 lbs and the best part was I went over to Hannaford's early Saturday morning and baby sported a $1.50 sticker! So, for $5.03, I was in business. I had the other ingredients I'd need at home. A small bottle of Foxwood Wine set me back $4.99! So for ten bucks, I did okay.- Line the bottom of your roasting pan with enough foil so you will be able to wrap it around the meat.

- Rub your roast with salt, pepper, sugar and seasoned salt to taste.

- Place a few smashed cloves of garlic OR some thin slices of onion on the bottom, then set your meat, fat side up, on top.

- Pour in 12 ounces of EITHER Cola OR Bud Lime! (Don't worry about alcohol: it burns off in the cooking. Coke gives a heartier flavor, especially if you decide to thicken the juice with a little flour and use it as a sauce over noodles or, preferably, rice.)

- Wrap and seal the foil top, place it in a 425-degree oven for about two hours.

You may open the foil during the last 20 minutes of cooking to aid either hot sauce or barbecue sauce or other topping of your choice! The end result is tender but not "fall-apart" tender. For sides, I served canned corn and one of those fancy boxed Mashed Potato mixes. I sprung for a 99 cent loaf of fresh rye bread, too! Enjoy!

Tags: ,

1 comment:

Imelda said...

hmmm. . now u make me drool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics