Friday, July 24, 2009

Games People Play; Lives People Live; POV

I was never one to "play games" i.e. "head games" or any other method of bringing down or flattening other people. Having said that, there are always people out there who will screw you up, and deep inside, they would rather screw you down. For some folks, the lives they live are as victims of circumstance. It all depends on POV (point-of-view).

Circumstance: Idle Gossip, Character Assassination. This tale, via Michelle Malkin, is totally outrageous::: USA Today columnist blames Peeping Tom victim. It's all about Christine Brennan TWEETING that it's ESPN's Erin Andrews' own fault that risque video of her getting dressed was distributed over the Net. TMZ is reporting it has learned Erin Andrews made a call to 911 Wednesday claiming a suspicious person was outside of her Georgia home.

Circumstance: Living on the edge. From Gaza, Erin Cunningham Tweets: “just had my hair cut by a wonderfully gay Gazan stylist whose salon has been firebombed several times by extremists. resilience = good hair.”

Circumstance: One Day At A Time, w/Zero Concern. In the West Bank, activist Hannah Mermelstein writes on her blog Hannah in Palestine: “A friend of mine here once told me that she never feels safe, so safety is not a consideration for her in making decisions. As much as I may try, I cannot truly imagine this lack of control.”

1 comment:

KARMINA said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Patricia

http://onlinegamescom.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics