Courtesy of: Bloggers Required
OTL Boston Live Events Subscription Club

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blips Across The Blogosphere

Another case of "sour grapes" regarding the Entrecard program: Business Sphere blog reporting "After nine (9) months of being an Entrecard user, the last three months of which being in the Top 5 of the most popular blogs in all categories, I left the network... users visiting your blog are on a “drop and run”, then “bounce” away to go to the next blog, spending just 5 seconds on your blog...Many Entrecard user blogs have viruses and Trojans. That’s why everyday there are users leaving Entrecard because of this problem..." I left a comment on the blog (not sure if they'll approve it, so here it is:)
I disagree. As I pour through traffic reports provided by various metering services I use, people who arrive at my blog thru search engines are just as likely to spend a few seconds and bounce as entrecarders. Having said that, since Cornyman published his ghost-dropping article, I've not only seen traffic increase but several entrecarders have actually stayed on my site (a few as long as 1 hour or more, bumping up the "average time spent" indicators) People place too much value on "traffic" and "hits" anyway - and that takes all the fun out of blogging! As for viruses, anyone who doesn't have a good firewall and anti-virus program in place shouldn't be surfing the net!
Other commenters who have left Entrecard report drops in traffic and Alexa ranking.

Speaking of comments::: This disheartening incident was recently brought to my attention: a blogger unleashed an ad hominem* attack against me. My crime? I reported an experience I had trying to leave a comment on that weblog, which I dare not visit again. That's too bad, because perhaps a virus worked its way into that blogger's script which redirected the comment process to an advert. Now, we will never know!

*Attacking an opponent or critic personally instead of answering / resolving the argument.

Keep in mind::: BLOGGING is ALL ABOUT "Freedom of Expression!"

And MOST OF ALL::: It should be EASY to leave a comment on a blog, not a hassle!

If YOU are an entrecarder, take the program with a grain of salt, for what it's worth. I take pleasure in cultivating the dial-up droppers, because they will spend more than 10 minutes on my blog once they arrive.

Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR

3 comments:

  1. i've read what he wrote too but didn't comment on his blog. i agree with your POV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i primarily visit blogs to read posts; building traffic is just secondary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entrecard is free so we can't expect much from it.and there are member's post which is quite interesting to read.

    apart from that, i do keep track on member's progress. but ofcourse, half of them just give up on blogging.

    blogtactic.com

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics