Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Few More Snippets of Info Before I Ride Off Into The Night

Curley and General Bow didn't bother sticking around. They saddled up and rode outta here before sunset!

Well, now the "thinking cap" is off. No thoughts of clever names for this post. I was just watching AP flash video on Saki Tumi's laptop of the latest news headlines. Some dude tossed a baby off a bridge. Another idiot burns his house down and crashes an airplane into an IRS office building. A Zebra runs loose on an Atlanta highway. People are caught on camera fighting aboard city busses in California! We're in some sort of mad swirling spiral of events!

No doubt about it: it's tough out there for journalists!

Discussion on LinkedIn about "Journalism and Objectivity" - David Bresnahan ::: Objectivity Makes Journalism Better, Not Worse ... among responses, Latrice Davis commented regarding fairness, balance and accuracy, citing a 2007 entry posted on her blog.

Sometimes it tough getting the word out: famous amateur film-maker, Hu Ge, recently madecrafted a new satirical piece on the Internet censorship in China. The 7-minute video, 'Animal World: the Home-living Animal' is styled as an animal-planet type of documentary and has attracted hundreds of thousands of views in a matter of a few days. More...

Global Voices also takes a look at Hindi blog-posts regarding the Bollywood film 'My Name Is Khan' and discovers reactions to this picture have more to do with the cultural politics in India than with the aesthetic value of the movie itself.

Well, time for me to call it a night! I'm sure something else will happen before morning breaks!
Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. same here i am also trapped in a swirling spiral of events.


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics