Courtesy of: Bloggers Required
OTL Boston Live Events Subscription Club

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blog-a-long Blues

Just about every blogger reaches a point one day or another when he or she feels there is nothing more to type. I think they used to call it "writer's block" - whatever - when this mood strikes YOU here's how to deal with it:

(1) This is actually a pre-emptive measure. When you ARE "hot" and have more to post than your fingers can type, save your extra entries on your blog or in your gmail account. Something may happen in the next week or month that ties in nicely withyour article, which you can then polish and release. On the other hand, if you have a finished article but don't want to saturate your blog with too many posts, save a post or two that are not time-sensitive. If your blog host allows, you can schedule them to publish on dates or times that you know you'll be otherwise engaged.

(2) Never panic. Wells do run dry once in awhile. Something will happen that will light your fire again. Just be patient.

(3) Nothing to blog about can be a good thing - it can send you outdoors where chances are you'll bump into something you can write about - or take pictures of! Most folks love the convenience of carrying a cellphone, and most mobiles have built-in cameras. Familiarize yourself with uploading pictres AND with blogging direct from your phone. There are many ways to do this, and I know bloggers who blog exclusively from their phones!

(4) DON'T ANNOUNCE THAT YOU WON'T BE BLOGGING! The world doesn't need to know you've got "writer's block" and if you're going on vacation or some other trip, undesirables in your locality and on the interNet DON'T need to know that you won't be around! Keep everyone guessing! Again, schedule posts to publish while you're gone. If you can't get to a computer while you're away or can't blog from your cellphone, publish a post the same day you leave (make it something timeless: maybe a poll about who your favorite dead celebrity is or something else unlikely to be affected by time) and have one ready to upload the minute you return.

Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR

3 comments:

  1. Hello. It's a pleasure to be here in your site.
    Would you like to exchange link with my two PR 3 blogs?
    manilyntingcang.com
    lingzspot.blogspot.com
    If you want, just add me and comment on my latest post in my blog.I'll definitely add your site.
    I'm looking forward for your reply. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great advice, Dave!
    Your blog is always a place of virtual sanity.

    Peace,
    Geoffrey

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics