Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Dueling Websites

Just for fun I ran a few statistics to compare my blog against some other popular ones. It was quite interesting, so I thought I'd share ::: First, definitions of three of the headers ---

A website grade of 97.1/100 for dave-lucas.blogspot.com means that of the millions of websites that have previously been evaluated, our algorithm has calculated that this site scores higher than 97.1% of them in terms of its marketing effectiveness. The algorithm uses a proprietary blend of over 50 different variables, including search engine data , website structure, approximate traffic, site performance, and others.

MozRank is SEOmoz's general, logarithmically scaled 10-point measure of global link authority or popularity. and is very similar in purpose to the measures of link importance used by the search engines (e.g., GOOGLE's PageRank).

The Google Indexed Pages figure represents the approximate number of pages on a blog or website that have been stored in the Google index. The Google web crawler will visit the site periodically and look for new content for its index. Generally, the more pages your site has within the Google cache, the better.

Competing Websites
Site Website Grade Moz Rank Google Indexed Pages Traffic Rank Blog Grade

dave-lucas.blogspot.com 97.1 4 1,090 131,860 81

michellemalkin.com 99.2 6 14,500 9,482 95

meowdiaries.blogspot.com 43 0 n/a n/a 75

orient-lodge.com 87 2 n/a 48,869 Not Graded

xiaxue.blogspot.com 97.9 5 544 38,840 93


The only problem I encountered was that some of the other stats I didn't show you here are invalid because the domain is blogspot.com. You can check your own blogs against others: just visit Website Grader! My website "grade" scored 97 ::: "the website dave-lucas.blogspot.com ranks 70,476 of the 2,465,312 websites that have been ranked so far."
Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, thank you so much for this informative post. I checked mine and for www.hot-shit-form.blogspot.com, these are the status:

    Website Grade: 98.7
    Moz Rank: 4
    Google Indexed Pages: 455
    Traffic Rank: 99,567
    Blog Grade: 81

    I have been wondering how to increase my Google Indexed Pages. Nevertheless, I will check more on the information provided there. Once again, thank you so much for sharing this with us, I really enjoy reading this kind of information while blog hopping.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. @dude ::: Interesting how some of our stats are the same...

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics