Monday, July 12, 2010

Twitter Fakers

On eBay, Twitter Followers Are Worth Less Than A Penny Apiece!

OBAMA, LADY GAGA, BIEBER, SPEARS: FAKING IT ON TWITTER, SAYS SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERT
Celebrities, Presidents & Prime Ministers May Be Faking Following On Twitter

While the popularity of a celebrity, business or politician can sometimes be gauged by how many followers they have on micro-blogging site Twitter, a new study by a social media marketing company shows that even some of the biggest names in the world may be faking their follower numbers, including the US President and British PM's Twitter pages.

According to uSocial.net, there is substantial evidence that many huge-name celebrities and organizations may have increased their follower numbers by artificial means.

"Using only publicly-available information and our own knowledge of how Twitter works, there's no doubt that many of the biggest names on Twitter are artificially-increasing their followers." Said uSocial's CEO Leon Hill.

Some of the named include Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Barack Obama, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Justin Bieber, Martha Stewart, The British PM's Twitter page (10 Downing Street), JetBlue Airways and many more.

In total, uSocial say that of the top 100 users on Twitter with the largest following numbers, it's extremely likely that 15 of those have artificially-inflated follower numbers, with the possibility of 10 more unconfirmed.

uSocial.net and it's CEO are considered experts in the field of Twitter marketing as being the first company in the world to sell advertising on the micro-blogging site.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics