Friday, August 13, 2010

America , Back To Its Racially-divided ROOTS?

Just when you thought that maybe we were all startin' to get along!

The harmony cart is being upset on all sides... In this corner, there's Maxine Waters (via Michelle Malkin) [...On the Reverend Al Sharpton’s national radio show on Tuesday afternoon, Waters played the persecuted champion of Urban America to perfection. She claimed the meeting was arranged on behalf of all black banks in the country. Sympathizers are now framing the matter as a threat to “advocacy for black businesses” and whispering loudly about a “racial profiling” campaign against Waters, her embattled colleague Rep. Charlie Rangel, and other ethically-challenged members of the Congressional Black Caucus...]

And in this corner, Doctor Laura! DR. Laura Schlessinger was talking to Jade, an African-American caller, looking for some advice and sympathy for the way she is treated by her Caucasian husband's family and friends. The conversation triggered DR. L to invoke "the N Word" - it all went downhill from there!


Female caller: Is it OK to say it?

DR. Laura Schlessinger: Well, it depends on how it is said.

Female caller: Is it ever OK to say that word?

DR. Laura Schlessinger: It depends how it’s said. Black guys talking to each other seem to think it’s OK.

Female caller: But you’re not black. They’re not black. My husband is white.

DR. Laura Schlessinger: I see. So a word is restricted to race? Got it. Can’t do much about that.

Female caller: I can’t believe someone like you is on the radio spewing out the (bleep). I hope everyone heard it.

DR. Laura Schlessinger: I didn’t spew out the (bleep) word.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Everybody heard it.

DR. Laura Schlessinger: Yes, they did.

Female caller: I hope everybody heard it.

DR. Laura Schlessinger: They did and I’ll say it again (bleep). Why don’t you let me finish a sentence? Don’t take things out of context. Don’t NAACP me.

Female caller: I know what the “n” word means and I know it came from a white person. And I know the white person means that.

DR. Laura Schlessinger: All right. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Can’t have this argument. You know what, if you are that hyper sensitive about color and don’t have a sense of humor, don’t marry out of your race.

What do YOU think about what DR. Laura said?
Please leave comments below!

Audio Link

Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics