Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Around The Blogosphere 04 August 10

Eric Schmidt: Every 2 Days We Create As Much Information As We Did Up To 2003 - Today at the Techonomy conference in Lake Tahoe, CA, the first panel featured Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
Awww, [Google pulls plug on Google Wave] and you thought it was the next big thing on the WWW!

Follow the adventures in blog format (naturally!) of Max, HtoO, Jolly Jay and David – four friends in their mid-twenties – traveling from Berlin to Morocco, trying to reach Casablanca in 39 days to perform at a street party. Looks like the fellas bumped into none other than Yarah Bravo!

India blogger Sonia Faleiro has been a busy gal, preparing for the coming release of her second book ::: 'Beautiful Thing: Inside the Secret World of Bombay's Dance Bars' (Hamish Hamilton, October '10) which gives the dramatic account of a 19-year-old bar dancer, Leela, and through her, of the dance bars of old Bombay before and after they were banned in 2005. Mouseover and click on the image to hit Sonia's Facebook!

via WikiPedia ::: Sonia has reported for India Today and Tehelka magazines, and is currently a contributing editor to Vogue (India). Her reportage includes numerous reports on India's sex-workers[3], on Bombay's bar dancers,[4] a six-part series on India's domestic workers, [5] and extensive writings on the suicides of farmers in Vidarbha.[6]

How to Start a Blog in a Crowded Niche!

Inception, Dreams, and Caribbean Culture - Over the weekend, my family and I went to see *Inception *and like Don Florio at the end of the movie, I was forced to ask...

Tags: , , , ,

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics