Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Around The Blogosphere 17 August 10

Michelle Malkin - Over the weekend, MM spotlighted*** the White House “Great Outdoors Initiative” - she has now posted Part Two...

Black Looks - How safe is the “miracle HIV Prevention Gel” announced at the recent World AIDS conference in Vienna? The vaginal gel produced in South Africa is supposed to reduce a woman’s chances of HIV contraction by as much as 39% and reduce chances of Herpes infection by 51%.

The trial of No Angels singer, Nadja Benaissa, began this week and has already received worldwide media attention. It highlights what experts working in HIV prevention, treatment and care have long argued: that laws and prosecutions as a result of non-disclosure of HIV-positive status are ineffectual, counterproductive and unjust. ~ The Guardian





As Facebook Location Looms, Has Foursquare Entered The Pantheon Of Services? - There are three services listed on the San Francisco Giants' scoreboard during a baseball game. Twitter. Facebook. Foursquare.

If We Pay for Our Ning Networks, Should We Expect More? - Ning plans to close thousands of free social networking sites this week. Larry B believes Ning has drawn a line in the sand...

Bai Ling posts a batch of Vega$ pix...

How to Stand Out of the Crowd in Blogging Industry - It is all about standing out of the crowd, only then people will start following you, recommending you and reading you!

MOG has launched MOG Music Network, an editorial aggregation site that filters the best content from more than 1300 music blogs. ...

A youtube video (with English subtitle) showing a quarrel between the private van owners and bus passengers after has become a big hit online. For more background, visit ESWN. Also from ESWN ::: a news story that exposed the National Photography Exhibition Golden Award winning photo being generated by computer.
***referenced here.

Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. Earlier, I was not sure that my decision to buy facebook fans will be an effective one as compare to other marketing strategies. But, I got a new height to my online business promotion after choosing to buy facebook likes and fans from www.fanbullet.com.

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics