Gawker ::: Ultra-conservative Christian
Trouble in the world of internet affiliate marketing ::: "Let’s call them “musical-chair product launches.” Oh, and let’s not forget the once pricey product you paid a marketer just a few weeks ago now being given away for free as a bonus to buying from their affiliate link during someone else’s product launch." ...:::Details:::...
New on Blogspot ::: a visitor counter and a "popular posts" widget!
The 2.0 Meeting of Blogs and New Media was held August 12 and 13 in Managua, Nicaragua. Global Voices summarizes the conference via images, podcasts, videos and blogs.
The blogs and projects that presented in the event:
- BBC Mundo [es]
- ‘Espacio Comunicación Alternativa-ECA’, from the Group for Sexual Diversity from Carazo [es], Nicaragua. Their blog is up since 2007 and it supports initiatives in favor of sexual diversity.
- Cocoa Interactive [es], Costa Rica. Presented on how businesses can use Social Networks to collaborate and participate with their client and collaborators.
- Confidencial [es], Nicaragua. Presented on how a print weekly is changing its editorial line to generate web content, with multimedia resources.
- Emila Persola [es], Nicaragua
- Freddy Quezada [es], Nicaragua
- Fusil de Chispas [es], Costa Rica
- La Carpio En Línea [es], Costa Rica. Works to visualize the agenda of the people in the La Carpio de San José neighborhood in Costa Rica, improving the way that traditional media focuses on the neighborhood.
- Leogg [es] / comuNIdad [es], Nicaragua. Presented on how free software communities use the web to generate sympathy, participation and collaboration with the Free Software philosophy.
- Movimiento Social Nicaragüense ‘Otro Mundo Es Posible' [es], Nicaragua. Presented on how they have created collaboration networks with communities in Nicaragua and Central America.
- penalba.info [es], Nicaragua. Event Curator.
- Primer Palabra [es], Guatemala. Renata Avila from Primer Palabra participated in the Meeting, but her presentation was on the use of ICTs and new media to create hyperlocal online communities.
- SIMAS – Servicio de Información Mesoamericano sobre Agricultura Sostenible [es], Nicaragua. SIMAS produces several blogs about ICTs in rural zones and agricultural producers:
- The importance of the Committees of Drinking Water and Sanitation [es] (CAPS)
- The importance of consuming local seeds [es]
- Another blog which visualizes the efforts and struggles of rural families [es]
- StephanieFalla [es], Guatemala
- Sueños del Caribe [es], Nicaragua. A blog by Ronald Hill, where he writes opinion post articles on the Caribbean Coast.
- Telefonica Movistar, Nicaragua. Presented on the use of new media for internal corporate use in a transnational corporation.
- Todo Por La Costa Caribe / Facebook [es], Nicaragua
- Videocanal de Fabio Buitrago [es], Nicaragua. This Youtube channel started as an escape from work that Fabio produced, and it recently became a TV show on Cable [es].