Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blindsided By Trouble

Trouble is an evil elf,
I strive to keep upon my shelf,
but oft times in blink of an eye,
he's at it again,
this little guy...

I'm thinking tonight about how incredibly easily and quickly one's path can be crossed by evil Mr. Trouble.

Let's see now... there's dr. laura n word, tiger woods sexting, mel gibson mouthing... Dr. L is quitting her radio show, Tiger's playing golf like an amateur, and Mel - didn't we already give him a second or third chance?

Who has withstood the ravages of Mr. Trouble? Woody Allen weathered his personal storm with the Mia / SoonYi thing. Eliot Spitzer picked up his pieces. I guess some folks have teflon, some don't...

Don Imus was deeply embroiled in a race-related scandal, but he also recovered and returned to the public eye. Roman Polanski is an enigma of sorts: I wonder if the cultural conscience feels so darkly about what happened to his wife at the hands of the Manson family that the recent rape charges don't matter...

And what of Ira Einhorn (you know: the Unicorn?) - he still has, to this day, legions of devoted fans or followers or whatever you would call them.

Why can Mr. Trouble collapse some people's tents but not others?

One of his latest victims: NY State Senator Neil Breslin. Time for CBS6 to revive the "asking tough questions" advertising promotion!
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics