Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Clinton-Mezvinsky Wedding aka The Clinton Wedding

Chelsea Clinton was married under a chuppah in a sunset ceremony co-officiated by Yale University’s Jewish chaplain, Rabbi James Ponet. For the ceremony, bridegroom Marc Mezvinsky wore a kippah and a prayer shawl. (No word on whether the bridegroom shattered a glass, or whether President Bill Clinton yelled, “Mazel tov!”) The months of speculation on whom Chelsea would call on to design her wedding dress are *thankfully* finally over — it's Vera Wang!
It was a nice day for a White Wedding...

Newlyweds Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky pose with former president Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
The awakener here is that Chelsea is 30 already. 30? Wasn't she just a kid the other day? Some people are already trying to make more of the wedding than what is on the surface. One side says the Clintons are marrying Marc for his money. Another side says Marc is marrying into the Clinton family for their money.

Look at the marriage realistically, and recall the union of Bill & Hillary: it's for the long-term. It's a partnership. The road is long, winding and bumpy at times with a few blind curves thrown in. If it's a test, Bill & Hillary have certainly passed it, in spite of themselves. They have endured, and when you think about it, isn't that what love is really all about? Should we expect Chelsea & Marc to carry on the same way (and did you notice how I put 'Chelsea' first in the collaboration)? Aside: maybe someday it will revert to Marc & Chelsea, the way McCartney-lennon gave way to Lennon-McCartney. Time tells all.
[OFFICIAL PHOTOS of the $3 Million dollar wedding have been released]

Chelsea's lavish, top-secret wedding to Mezvinsky in Rhinebeck, New York has been one of the most talked-about unions of the year (after Huma's nups!) -- so how did the former First Daughter fall in love with her husband-to-be?

Tags: , , , ,

Show Comments: OR


  1. Hi Dave this is Carol! Remember me? Plaid shirt, big tits? I adore you!

    Good call on the order of the names! I voted for your post:

  2. You're right, brother! Somebody is after somebody else's dirty CA$H money - or maybe they're going to fu$e it together for some kind of purpo$e!

  3. Yeah, Chelzie has hit the big three-oh! I was one of the papparazzi hangin' around tryin' to get a photo --- NO LUCK! That Huma is some babe!

    I read your blog every day. You should be a magazine editor or something instead of wasting your time on this!

  4. I'm happy for them all! How adorable and nice!
    Chelsea and the groom look happy, Hilary looks better than I've seen her look in ages, and Bill has obviously lost some weight -- and gotten rid of some of that luggage that was piling up under his eyes. They all look healthy, happy and good! Great pic! ;)


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics