Tuesday, August 10, 2010

#nowplaying ::: Pop Clips » 10 Aug 2010

A pair of Brazilian tweens engaging in a round of "Sexting" were watched live by more than 25-thousand netizens. Together with the couple, authorities believe that between 3 and 10,000 internet users may have downloaded and distributed the video and are now being investigated.

Let's hear it for the TROLLS! Blogger fritzmorgen argues [RUS] that Internet trolls [EN] in the Russian Internet is a good phenomenon. After a short practice of online conversation with trolls, Russian bloggers improve their rhetorical skills, general knowledge and the ability to provide proper argumentation fast in the real life. In Russia, however, Internet-style argument may lead to a physical violence, he adds.

Blogger molitva-i-post writes [RUS] that Moscow medical services failed to evacuate the body of her grandfather who died of heat and smog. Hospitals and morgues are filled with the dead, blogger reported. Despite numerous similar cases, the Ministry of Health denied [RUS] the increase in death rate caused by high temperatures.

The families of Philly duck boat victims Dora Schwendtner and Szabolcs Prem are moving forward with lawsuits.

Are YOU making any money blogging? I know a blogger who IS... and did you know that Sponsored Tweets has removed the $50 payout limit?

Ramadan is here...

Are you out of the loop when it comes down to Charles Taylor, Naomi Campbell, Mia Farrow and the Blood Diamonds? The Daily Mail has posted an article that lets you catch up in one fell swoop...
Steven Slater, the JetBlue flight attendant who was arrested after cursing out a passenger, grabbing two beers from a beverage cart and escaping down an emergency chute has become a Facebook celebrity. Last week Steven Slater was virtually unknown; today he has over 12,000 Facebook fans. Impressive!

Levi Johnston Finds a Purpose in Life - Driving Sarah Palin Nuts ::: He broke her daughter's heart, and now he wants her old job as mayor of Wasilla...

A new poll finds that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s approval rating has dipped below 50% for the first time in five years!!!

One of the stories I presented today involved a MoveOn.org rally at the State Capitol in Albany. One of the many people I interviewed as I worked on the story included Sean Parnell, the President of the Center for Competitive Politics in Alexandria (just outside DC). I guess I triggered Mr. Parnell's urge to blog, which he did, here, not so much about the Albany rally, but about his criticisms of MoveOn.org.

As a reporter I generally sit on the fence, monitoring and soliciting comment from both sides of whatever the issue happens to be. As a blogger I toss in a little more personal opinion, but that's what blogging is all about. Tweeting is another story. I've told you before that reporters should be careful when they tweet!
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics