Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Around The Blogosphere 29 September 2010

The RLabs team had the honour of being one of the finalists at the South African Blog Awards held at the One and Only Hotel in Cape Town.

Being Glenn Beck ::: The Fox host is the face of the Tea Party and the heir to Rush Limbaugh. But he sees himself as much more...

Amina Wadud ::: Is Islam Eco-Friendly? [snippet: "One of my favorite passages explains how Allah even notices the pattern a leaf makes when it falls to the ground. I am in awe of both the natural world itself and of the Qur’anic references to it. The Qur’an says this world is subject to us. We are stewards of the earth and must take care about how we use her resources."]

One of the most wonderfully creepiest blogs you'll ever see...

One of the most artistically original blogs you'll ever see...

More to see :: Pictures from Amman’s Street Art Fair

Check out Tricia Wang’s really super blog, Cultural Bytes, via Experientia‘s blogpost on Ethnography’s contribution to values in technology design and use.

Jane « Spider » Herships

Bedbugs Hit NYC Studios Of Howard Stern ::: Stern said on his Sirius XM Radio show that the building was treated over the weekend and was 100 percent bedbug free on Monday.

This Is How Beyoncé Crashes a Block Party ::: While visiting Jay-Z's mom, B heard some music in the street and came out to investigate... more »

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics