Saturday, October 16, 2010

Are YOU "Shovel-Ready"?


You better be, there's a lot of crap going on!

I'm not the only blogger up bright and early today! Michelle Malkin published a post at 05:43 regarding the "shovel-ready project" concept - let me just say I heard some rather disturbing teevee news yesterday that the US Gov't is planning to go ahead and encourgae INflation. That's correct: IN-flation. The word on that via NBC Nightly News (full video of the broadcast can be seen by clicking through here) came as an aside to a story about "no raises for social security recipients" who are "struggling to pay for food and medicine" right now, so imagine if INflation kicks in, making it more difficult for these folks. Instead of living in Florida homes they'll be living on Florida streets! What kind of idiotic plan is that? One that MSNBC thinks is a good one!

I'm not poor but I carefully measure every penny spent. If inflation hits my grocery bill, and if gasoline keeps rising (have you noticed that here in New York it's around $2.95 a gallon at Mobil?), I don't know what I will do. Employers aren't dishing out cost-of-living raises, overtime opportunities and/or holiday bonuses the way they did for decades (unless you happen to be a filthy rich-already CEO, then you get perks, when you don't need them!)

Here's a snippet from Michelle's piece:
On the PBS NewsHour last night, Brooks admitted that President Obama told him a year ago that he knew that the “shovel-ready project” propaganda he employed to pass the massive porkulus bill was a steaming load of bullcrap.

Brooks’ New York Times colleague Peter Baker reported the newsworthy admission in an upcoming Sunday magazine piece. It’s an admission that received much deserved attention here in the blogosphere this week and that invited much deserved derision from Republican critics of the stimulus boondoggle.

Michelle has much more +video on her blog.

Tags: , , ,

Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog title and opening sentence aloud to my husband. We both were cracking up!

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics