Friday, October 22, 2010

Attention Google! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. PLEASE!

Time for some VENTING!

Sometimes it seems like Google/Blog*spot wants to frustrate users! Up until the other day, if you were signed in to gmail, all you had to do is type "blogger.com" into your address bar and you could update your blog.

Now, if you try that you get a slow-loading cumbersome screen that eventually has you sign in again! WTF!!!! Why can't they leave good things alone and stop screwing with users? I know, we shouldn't complain because it's a "free" service. But apparently they don't give a rats ass about users!

First that crappy lousy "new editor" and now this! WHY GOOGLE, WHY? Maybe it's all about money! Like those websites that display the message telling you you can't access the website because your browser is "too old." Then you have to go and install a new browser that you HATE.

One day when the corporate "big boys" are wondering "duh, what happened?" You and I will already know: they screwed up the great features and left us with BS! Doesn't it make more sense that if you are a success you'll want to stay that way? Why alienate users with "new features" they don't like and don't want? Things that end up being time wasters (or money wasters!) Google, do you care at all? Or do we have to wait for the day when another service comes along and remembers it's all about the customer????
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics