Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Travel Weather

One thing the Internet has simplified is preparing for a trip. Not that long ago, back in say, the early to mid 1990's, there was a lot to do (and a lot of uncertainty) in taking a trip to another country. Oh, sure, you have the passport and visa and shots and all of that. Then there's getting used to the currency and customs. But the one variable that you really need to be savvy and well-informed about is ... are you ready for it... the WEATHER!

I have a friend who travels back and forth between Singapore, Australia and the U.K. about a week before she heads off for another place, she starts keeping track of the weather and climate conditions there. If she's off to the land down under, she calls up the Sydney Weather Forecast via her laptop. You may think - oh, Australia, kangaroos and crocodile hunters and vegamite - it's all Alby Mangels dingo hot over there. Not quite rightly!

Let's take a look at Sydney Weather, for example. Temperatures can range from about 45 degrees farenheit to 80 degrees farenheit, depending on the time of year. (Yeah, that seems like a rather narrow range to some!) So you do want to be sure to bring the right gear for Sydney weather conditions. Also check out the long-term forecast for rain (or the lack thereof)- following the trends will allow you the pleasure of enjoying your time in Sydney, knowing you have the proper attire to stay comfortable!

And that lesson applies to anywhere on earth you may travel. Track weather conditions, look for trends and seasonal happenings that could affect your visit and most certainly your choice of clothing for your trip. Now, have fun on your journey!

Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR

1 comment:


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics