Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Albany: International Center For Rap and Hip-Hop!

Exciting news on the street today! Kids buzzing about the "new" Albany High, which they say will be divided into 4 schools, one of which will teach students how to make rap and hip-hop CDs. Once the school is up an running, about 600 rappers & musicians a year will be graduating, and that means jobs and a new future for Albany as a center of the music industry. Some of the junior high students on our street are already writing material and getting performances down.

This is great news on another level: The old Albany High simply isn't working. The students run the school, and run wild on city streets every afternoon on the way home. One of the High's other schools will teach kids how to get involved and become community activists (think Barack Obama) and another school will be outfitted like a courtroom, to help students gain experience with governance and the legal system.

Not sure how long it will take to get everything up and running, but it can't come soon enough for the troubled High!

Back in the 1980s people were worried about the US becoming a "service economy" - they hadn't foreseen the rise of the internet and the digital age - so now we are looking at becoming instead, an "entertainment economy," with the new High putting Albany right dead smack center of the cutting edge! Ride the wave, O Albany!

And Albany, if you don't think hip-hop is "where it's at" - you better CHECK OUT THIS!!!!

Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics