Saturday, December 04, 2010

Just checkin' in for a New York Minute!

UPDATE ::: I was too lazy to take a picture - this morning while en route to the Slingerlands bypass to get on the highway and head down the taconic, the very same Mobil station where last evening gas was $3.19 --- saw fuel creep up to $3.23 --- a few cents short of that "panic point" where consumers will circle the monetary wagons and the "second dip" of the double-dip recession will "officially" begin! I'll check the gas station Sunday night when I'm back in Albany, and perhaps post a photo at that time... We found the old Elvis Christmas "Duets" CD at the bottom of the glovebox, making some my-t-fine holiday music in our CD player during the trip! I see that fellow-blogger Aldon Hynes has been doing a little travel today: Holiday Cider - " Today, Fiona and I took another drive over to Beardsley’s Cider Mill. Along the way, we counted Christmas Trees on top of the cars."

A great day in New York City - a great day for shopping, that is! Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows on DVD just $5 on Canal Street! In digital! (I'll bet it was recorded in a digital theater - that's where that 'digital' biz comes in!) The street vendors even had Gillian Chung's new CD + DVD!

Around the Blogosphere, Doug Powers has posted "Global Warming Update: Blizzard Traps 7 in UK Pub for Over a Week" - I wonder if old Doug has been in Buffalo lately?

Two of my favourite New York City-based bloggers have some new posts up: Dallas Penn with Rap is Pop Music And Eminem Is The King… - " Don’t tell me that you just realized that Eminem is greatest rapper of all time? " and Min uploaded New Video: Redman “Def Jammable” - Redman’s new album Reggie drops this coming Tuesday, above you can view the official video for “Def Jammable”.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics