Saturday, January 08, 2011

Around The Blogosphere 08 January 11

BLOG MYSTERY ::: Who ordered the post below to be deleted from the internet?

Who is Going to Dominate Google?

AOL ATTACKS GOOGLE ::: Can Google Get Its Mojo Back? - " A spectre is haunting Mountain View. No, not bed bugs: bit rot. Google is in serious decline..." TechCrunch officially jumps the shark - you knew that AOL bought TechCrunch awhile back - finally AOL gets down and dirty, launching an attack on Mt. View via the popular blog
"My sources tell me that since then Microsoft has become much more efficient, and their recent successes—XBox, Kinect, Windows 7, Windows Phone, Bing—testify to this. Kudos to them. Can Google do the same?" ~ Jon Evans
(all you folks who were once AOL-haters immediately understand what's going on here!) From the gist of this article, I would say we should be looking for an AOL-MICROSOFT partnership announcement soon!

WordPress, Blogger or Tumblr? ::: PopHerald.com (blog)
According to a report, WordPress.com grew by over 6 million new blogs, and 53% pageviews in 2010.

NewYorkPost: Verizon to hold #iPhone event Jan. 11 http://t.co/q0Z3qDR -

FREEDOM OF SPEECH? ::: Greg Mitchell follows the shocking new DOJ move against WikiLeaks supporters, seeking records from Twitter... (TheNation)

Voters in Southern Sudan will vote on January 9, 2011 (Sunday) in a referendum to decide whether to separate or remain part of Sudan. Follow Southern Sudan Referendum tweets here

The Roving Ronin Report posted videos and pictures of the Firewalking Festival (Akibasan Gongen Hibuse Matsuri) in Odawara, where “Buddhist Priests dressed as Yamabushi - mountain hermits - walked over hot coals.”
Show Comments: OR

6 comments:

  1. That deleted blog post would be me, Irate Dog.

    Can I be of service?

    - Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tom!

    The "teaser" for your post in Google was most interesting. It was brought to my attention by a couple of other entrecarders who were upset that it was not readily available. They wondered why, as there have been many security and virus problems that have plagued the EC system.

    There also has been a proliferation of so-called splogs or spam blogs carrying the ec widget. Many wonder if they employ auto-dropping scripts of some kind. They employ sexy images on their ec widgets and some of the splogs carry trojans and keyloggers that can jump on tour computer at lightning speed via broadband.

    With so much uneasiness permeating the blogosphere, I tossed out the question "what happened" and you have responded. Now, please tell us, Tom... WHAT HAPPENED?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL! I'll tell you.

    I wrote the post at about 8am after seeing a post of the EC blog about a competition involving free credits to those who wrote a review of the website. You might have seen it.

    Unfortunately though I failed to realise that the competition ended last year. As reviewing websites like EC is not my blog's usual topic I decided to do away with the post.

    If you really want to read it I can see if I can recall it from the Blogger archives if you like?

    - Tom
    The Irate Dog

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I've just checked and unfortunately I cannot get the deleted post back.

    I'd be happy to re-write it if you like though. :D

    - Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tom - why don't you? Or write it for me as a guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding idea. I'll get on to it right away.

    Do you have a contact email I'd be able to send it to?

    - Tom

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics