Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pop Clips » 11 Jan 11

::: !STORM! ::: CAPITAL REGION ::: NYC

Where I was today... Senator Chuck Schumer is joined outside Albany City Hall by Congressman Paul Tonko, Albany County Executive Mike Breslin, Mayor of Albany Jerry Jennings, Mayor of Schenectady Brian Stratton, Rensselaer County Executive Kathy Jimino and Albany County Legislator Brian Scavo.

U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer stopped by Albany City Hall on a freezing cold Tuesday morning to call on the Department of Homeland Security to provide the Capital Region with its fair share of counter terrorism funding this year. Last year, despite an overall increase in this type of funding nationwide, the region saw its funding level cut by almost 50%. Currently the Albany Urban Area Working Group, consisting of Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady and Schoharie counties, are engaged in constructing an interoperable communications network that would allow all the area’s first responders to communicate in the event of a natural disaster or an attack on one of the region’s numerous high-profile targets. Schumer says construction of this critical network will be severely hindered if the Capital Region is not given its share of funding this year, and the investments that have already been made could be lost.

MIA fans! Internet Connection (The Remixes)

There's an organized e-mail campaign making the rounds: Tell Elle that women don't have to be white to be beautiful.

Pictures of Bill Clinton in Haiti

Follow President Clinton (@clintontweet) on Twitter live from #Haiti, where he is marking the one-year anniversary of the January 12 earthquake.

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords remained in stable condition and would remain on a ventilator as a precaution, doctors said on Tuesday.

Someone has finally made a movie shot entirely on an iPhone!
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics