Thursday, February 03, 2011

Around The Blogosphere 03 February 2011

Here is a round-up of the latest in the blogs following developments in Egypt as of 11:00a.m.ET. Sources: Al Jazeera English, BBC, the Guardian, the New York Times, The Atlantic and the Wall Street Journal ... A blogger at Carlan's Dream roots for the Egyptian people and reflects [ja] on how such protests would never take place in Japan where people tend to think “nothing is gonna change anyway!”.

The Twitter hashtag #Kenya28Feb calls upon Kenyans to voice their discontent with the political establishment and while #ChoosePeace calls on other Kenyans not to follow the ongoing trend of mass protests and disgruntlement, as has been witnessed in the Egyptian protests.

Anneryan looks at how Sudan Radio Service uses mobile technology into its work to both monitor the reach of its broadcasts and to solicit reader feedback

Xin Nian Kuai Le! - Or, Gong Hei Fat Choi! Whichever way you say it!! The Chinese Lunar New Year has begun!

Google Penalizing "Scraper" Sites - From The Weekly Feed #55Google launched and update that may radically affect the amount of search engine traffic your blog or website gets.

Nielsen: Apple iAds More Effective Than TV Ads - According to the soup company Campbell's, Apple iAds are twice as memorable as TV ads to the general public.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics