Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Boost SEO with "Link Loops"

Simple yet effective!

If you pay attention to your visitor traffic, and you've been blogging for a few years, you will notice (as I did) that out of hundreds of posts you may upload in your little blog's lifetime, there will be a small handful that continue to attract hits without fail, every single day.

These 3 posts account for 10% of my daily traffic:


You already know that when you post on a current topic (and you get your blog title "just right") you'll get a spike in traffic. But how to draw visitors in AFTER the spike?

Start by breaking your original article into two parts. I was delighted when I wrote "Mubarak You Have Ugly Face," but I wanted to stretch its life and SEO while attracting distinctly different academic and media-colleague streams of visitors via the division post titled "The Internet as a Liberator.

To recap: I divided the post into two, then edited each article so that either one could be stacked on the other to make a complete, sensible story. The posts can stand alone or together! Each links to the other via the link "Continued" at the footer!

Next, Go for the "digital jugular" ---

The third article in the series is titled "#Egypt #Jan25 Collaborate.Participate.Connect " - the hashtags are included because I subscribe to a service that auto-tweets my blog's headlines to twitter... many individuals and services seek out tweets based on hashtags! This post has a footer link that simply says "Previously."

So I have effectively QUADRUPLED the "reach" of three distinct posts by linking uniquely titled entries together and adding "hot" hashtags!

Try it, and let me know how it works for YOU!
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics