Monday, June 20, 2011

Inquiring Minds Want To Know...

Here's what people have been asking me about over the weekend in person, by telephone and via e-mail!

SAME-SEX MARRIAGE?
If passed into law here in New York, it will open the door for the legalization of polygamy, I guesstimate within 40 years.

DEAN SKELOS?
The buzz around Albany is that the NYS Senate Majority Leader is falling out of favour due to failure to act on Rent Control and Same-sex marriage. Could just be rumours, but as I see it, whether you stand FOR or AGAINST something, people respect you for having "the courage of your convictions." . People do not respect wishy-washy or indecisive people. I'm not really sure how the general public or GOP insiders view Skelos, but any doubt could be fueled by another faction trying to get their guy in as ML. We'll just have to wait and see on this one!

THE GOP PRESIDENTIAL NOMINATIONS?
If the election were held today, I don't think any of the declared candidates could beat President Barack Obama. But the election will NOT be held today, so all bets are off. (Aside: A Mitt Romney victory may slice a few years off legalized polygamy, an issue which is attractive to Mormons and some Muslims. There are a few loosely-knit fringe women's rights groups that believe polygamy would solve those "mistress" issues we hear so much about.)

ANTHONY WEINER?
Contrary to what you're hearing, he's not done yet! His "farewell address" was more like an acceptance speech. The man has a plan even if we (and possibly he) haven't got a clue as to what it may be.

THE DECLINE OF THE BLOG?
People have been saying blogs are "going out of favour" since 2005! Poppycock!
Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave - I'm a gay guy with an axe to grind! That big doofus Roy McDonald should be voted out of office! He voted against gay marriage for years and now suddenly he's FOR us? No! I respect honest politicians not shysters. Get him outta there!

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics