Monday, June 06, 2011

The Week That Will Be June 6th Onwards...

The week ahead looks to be a very busy one for me on three four fronts: work, blog, literary and personal! After a really relaxing Sunday, I'm ready to tackle anything that lies ahead!

Let me tell you about Sunday first. Spent a good part of the day in the outdoors, which included a couple of walks, a bike ride and an intervention in
the case of a baby bird who had tumbled out of the nest.

This particular Sunday I also took the opportunity to do a bit of cooking! I was up (as usual) around 0500 and prepared a delicious full-course breakfast for all, including my famous "Happy Day/Secret Recipe" pancakes, as well as my special crowd-pleasing coffee!

The first walk came right after breakfast - I walked over to Stewart's to pick up more eggs, The Sunday New York Times and Times Union - and I played a win4 number for good measure. By the time I got back the rest of the house had awakened and were just sitting down to the fantastic breakfast. I retired to the parlor to read the papers and by the time I was through it was around 0930 - that's when I hit the outdoors, arriving back around 1:30pm, which is when I hit the internet for awhile.

Then around 4pm I began preparing a special dinner, as an old friend was coming by at 6. I decided upon my award-winning (no kidding!) Hungarian Goulash - the recipe actually given to me by the one the Road Warriors several years ago.

We had a great visit - great wine - great dinner - and he brought a special dessert! So, back to my week ahead: it's the fund drive at the station. I'll be busy each evening working on a few new blog articles as well as a DVD training course I'm writing for professionals related to my field. And then there's that book I've been writing... Yes, I'm back with the word processor, picking up where I left off several months back.

Last Friday after Wall St. closed, I checked my stocks - they're doing better than I expected! No, I didn't buy in to the LinkedIn IPO, but I will be looking into digital-storage firm Fusion-io, set to go public this week with shares expected to go for around 15 bucks each.

TODAY, Apple-man Steve Jobs is scheduled to unveil an online storage service iCloud (I HATE THE CLOUD CRAP) at the annual developers conference in San Francisco. That will get a lot of press.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics