Saturday, July 23, 2011

#Club 27 RIP Amy Winehouse


Telegraph.co.uk
Major world news services are reporting that singer Amy Winehouse is DEAD!

Who didn't see this day coming?

She joins the ranks of the 27 Club: also occasionally known as the Forever 27 Club or Club 27, is a name for a group of influential rock music artists who died at the age of 27, including JIM MORRISON. JANIS JOPLIN, JIMI HENDRIX, BRIAN JONES and KURT COBAIN.

The 27-year-old singer first appeared on the international music scene in 2006 with her “Back to Black” album, which led to six Grammy nominations and five wins.

A statement from the Metropolitan Police follows:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."



Tag:



Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and Dave Lucas are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Dave Lucas and staff.
Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

  1. Now both the highs and the lows are over for Amy Winehouse, just 27 years old. Even that short life must have felt so exhausting. May she rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked Amy Winehouse for the reason how free she is always be her, and how open she is with her own truth, and yet how always lost in the struggle to find the world on the other side to keep proving her wrong.....

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics