Sunday, July 31, 2011

Does Your Blog Have Too Many Comments or Too Many Visitors? (How to cope!)

"It's Too Hard to Make Money Online" ::: NO KIDDING! With every click of the mouse there's another "expert" beckoning me to download his/her pdf, throwing up an annoying pop-up screen screaming at me to subscribe - sending me another email thanking me for visiting. ENOUGH!

A month or more ago I ran across a relatively new blog that had more than 40 amazing comments. What was so amazing about these comments? Commenters included:

Mavis Nong from Online Business Tools

Kristi Hines from Blog Marketing

Stacy from Blog Tips

Janet from The Natural Networker

Devesh from Twitter Marketing

Marlon from productivity bits

Obviously, this blogger was doing something RIGHT! A "right" collection of comments, from all the "right" people, including some of the hottest bloggers of 2011! How was this accomplished? the blogger stopped by one of the blogs that these other bloggers were featured on, leaving a comment there, and in some cases asking that blogger to return the visit and check out a particular post. It worked like faery dust! (before YOU try anything like that, you'd better make sure you've posted a quality kick-ass article. This is one of those things you only get ONE chance at!)

Onto "too many visitors" - I have "too many" on this very blog! I briefly discuss the problem here.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics