Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rebellious No More - Blogger Lets Go of her Blogging Values

It happens.

Every once in awhile, a blogger quits.

A page goes dark. A writer is silenced.

I look on that as being a sad thing. The quitter often looks on it as "moving on."

CASE IN POINT ::: Rebellious Arab Girl, is now gone. Gone, it seems from other online activities as well...

I'm cutting and pasting Mona's farewell post here, because it may soon vanish from the net. (Isn't it strange how old blog*spot blogs from 2001 are still on the net, but more recent ones are taken down almost as soon as they are inactive for awhile? - That's a whole 'nother story!)

Written on: July 31, 2011 @ 4:20PM EST

Hi everyone,

This blog has been shut down. I have removed my twitter @rebelliousgirl account and deactivated my facebook account.

I will tell you why…

I grew out of it. I no longer feel that I am this person that I created online. I want to be my self. I don’t want to keep this facade of an online name to carry forever. It was a great gig since December 23, 2005, but everything good has to come to an end.

I have met incredible people. I have also met horrible people. I conversed, argued, chatted, socialized with random people all over the world. I don’t have any regrets.

You have to understand why I am going all this. I am not longer who I was 5.5 years ago. I cannot keep pretending that I am. Also, it got to the point where I don’t want to answer and be dear Mona to random teenage girls who don’t “get it” yet, and be a random catch to a guy who is trying really hard to find a girl from the other side of the world to like him and bring him over.

I just don’t feel any connection anymore with the point of this blog and my rants. I don’t want to rant anymore. I don’t want to continue being someone I am not.

Thanks to all my readers. Thanks to all the subscribers. If you still want to keep up with my life, then email me to rebelliousarabgirl@gmail.com … I will provide you with my new twitter account and my new blog address if you still want to keep up with me.

Again, thank you. I love you guys. You did put a smile on my face when I really needed it.

-Mona





Tags: ,



Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and Dave Lucas are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Dave Lucas and staff.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics